Senior Mechanical/HVAC Engineer
Tuckers Consultancy is a well established Building Services Consultancy firm based in Canary Wharf. We are active in all areas of commercial property and construction. We currently have a portfolio of MEES/NZC refurbishment and upgrade projects for which we require senior people to lead and deliver.
Senior Mechanical/HVAC Engineer
This is a Senior Mechanical/HVAC Engineer Position reporting to the directors and leading the junior engineering and CAD staff.
The role is full-time, office based, with site visits and project team and client facing meetings and communication. Occasional working from home depending on project commitments.
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate ideally degree/HND qualified with at least 7-10 years’ experience with the design and project coordination of mechanical/HVAC systems design and specification in large commercial buildings in the City and Canary Wharf, recent experience in MEES/NZC upgrade projects an advantage.
Must have detailed knowledge and experience of HVCA design and commissioning, construction processes and contract administration.
- Excellent mechanical HVAC design skills, up to date with MEES/NZC sustainability agenda.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of IES, Cymap, AutoCAD and Revit model organisation and management.
- Strong interdisciplinary building services project leadership skills and experience.
- Strong document and drawing organisation and management.
- Strong Microsoft 365 suite of software skills to effectively communicate with internal and external staff and contacts. (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, Project)
- Must show great attention to detail especially drawing and specification checking.
- The ability to manage own workload and supervise the work of others concurrently.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads.
- Experience with condition report and dilapidation assessments and advantage
- Mechanical HVAC Building Services Design
- Oversee production and delivery of MEP Building Services Design, drawings, specifications, feasibilities, tender documentation, and tender reports for all aspects of building services. Including but not limited to:
- Building Services design management of MEP services
- Report and specification writing
- Supervision of CAD Drawing production
- MEP building services project coordination
- Ensure the compliance with Construction (design and management) Regulations for engineering aspects of delegated projects.
- MEP building services design compliance with building regulations, other regulations, and standards
- Project MEP budget and programme advice to PM/QS
- Liaise with client representatives, take briefs, and identify and draw up scope of works. Identify and draw up technical processes to execute design of works. Provide input on resources to Directors.
- Building Services Project Management, contractor management and supervision site inspection and monitoring of projects to ensure compliance with the specification, cost constraints and program. Investigate and diagnose faults or malfunctions of plant, services and equipment as requested. Monitor the design and project management of commissions within agreed programs. Liaise and report to the Contract Administrator.
- Experience with the appliance of
- Liaise with Group representatives, Design Teams, Clients, Other Consultants, Contractors, Company Representatives, Public Utilities, and Local Authorities.
- Be willing to assist other staff in any task to ensure timely production of information in line with project timescales.
Pay and Remuneration
To be discussed on interview but depending on experience.
25 days holiday, pension, comprehensive health insurance.